The successful individual in this position is motivated and challenged by leading, coordinating and executing the project management duties for water jet peening (WJP) technologies, non-destructive examination (NDE) technologies, and supporting business development activities. Under direct supervision of the General Manager of Nuclear Services, this individual has a primary role in contributing to the MNES mission of becoming a prime utility service provider in the U.S. This will be accomplished by:
· Applying project management techniques in executing contractual project scopes to meet established milestone markers to successfully complete the project on time and within financially established parameters.
· Provide technical leadership in project management and engineering for resolution of issues related to successful project execution.
· Assist Director of Marketing with proposal development by conducting engineering feasibility studies for potential projects and providing engineering technology experience.
· Plan and manage engineering reviews based on sound engineering methodologies and company policy to respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
· Responsible for developing and finalizing engineering change orders by incorporating into company procedures and customer contracts, as required.
· Coordinate and resolve technical and quality requirements.
Additional qualifications for success in this position are:
· Good verbal and written communication skills to successfully interact within diverse populations, provide reports to management, and interact with potential customers.
· Some travel to MHI offices in Japan to support and interface with MHI technical and engineering personnel.
· Travel to customer utility sites as part of contract execution activities.
· Must be willing to relocate and work at the MNES offices in Charlotte, NC.
Ideal candidate will have a BS in Mechanical Engineering with 10-15 years of experience in the U.S. Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) related to plant modifications and upgrades. This experience will preferably be obtained from a nuclear facility or nuclear vendor and include at least 5-7 years leading and executing $10+ million dollar projects. PMP certification desired or experience executing projects according to PMBK. (Other engineering disciplines will be considered with applicable years of experience.)
Interested candidates are welcome to submit a resume for consideration to email@example.com.
MNES is an Equal Opportunity Employer